We are always delighted when couples choose to be married at St. Columba’s and we work very hard to ensure that the service is unforgettable for all the right reasons and the highlight of the wedding day.
One really important point to get clear right at the start
We never ever, under any circumstances work with wedding planners! Nor will we plan or negotiate with parents, siblings, friends about anything to do with your wedding…. its your day and the only people we will work with are you.
Arranging a wedding is a huge practical undertaking and we’ve pulled together all the information you need in the section below.
However it is easy to get lost in the details and forget the importance of the day itself. We encourage all our couples to spend time reflecting on this important change in their lives and planning their future life together and not just the wedding day itself and we’d really like to welcome you to church so you can spend some time with God and with us before your day!
Who can get married at St Columba’s?
You may be married here if you satisfy any of the following qualifying connections:
- if this is the parish where you were baptised and/or confirmed
- if you have lived in this parish for 6 months or more, at any time during your lives
- if you have attended worship in this parish for at least 6 months
- if this is the parish where your parents have lived or worshipped (during your lifetime)
- if your parents or grandparents were married in this parish
What if none of the above fit?
If you don’t fall into one of the categories above you have two choices:
- You can start worshipping with us regularly and after a period of 6 months you will meet the legal criteria.
- You could do the legal bit at the Registry Office and then come along to us for a blessing after a civil ceremony… it can look exactly like a wedding – just leaving out the legal bit!